Friday, April 9, 2010

Celebrities at my local gym...

I thought it was time to update you all on the progress of my running plan but before I do, I want to mention a couple fellow gym members.
First up is a guy I like to call "Biff". For those that have seen "Back to the Future" (LOVE those movies!!) you'll remember a character by that same name. He reminds me of an older version of Biff. He's always lifting very large weights and wears small biker shorts...

Next is a character I just saw today. At first I thought of the "Caveman" in the Geico commercials, but as I serripticiously stared at him some more, I think he more resembles Forrest Gump in his running days. He has a long brown beard to his chest, and his hair is also long and just to his shoulders, and he's in his running shorts and sports tank top. As its been a very chlly windy last few days, I guess he traded the road for the treadmill.


Anyway, I'm back to my training schedule. I had to start over due to different things that got in the way, but I am halfway into week two. Today I walked 10 minutes, alternated running 1 min and walking 1 min for 12 minutes, then walked 3 minutes. I do my workouts on the treadmill right now, and like how i can watch the time easily to do my transitions, and it is much easier on my knees. I would get really achy knees when I was running on the streets. I'm hoping that my legs and joints will get stronger so that when I do make more ventures to running in the streets (when the weather gets warmer) it won't set me back.
I'm also thinking of blogging about another thing I have trouble with, but I am having a hard time committing: Sweets! I was thinking about blogging daily about the sweeets I eat, as well as my workouts so that hopefully I will be able to cut back on sweets, and build up the running... thereby getting into better shape. Ahh the constant battle! But I'm a bit too embarassed to expose how many treats I eat...

7 comments:

Mags said...

If running proves to be too much for your joints, cycling can be a good alternative. If your gym has a pool, laps are good too.

shaina said...

Ah, the battle of the sweets. I find that if it's not in the house, I'm good. If I don't make it, I don't eat it. If I don't buy it,...well, you get the idea. Easier to avoid if it's not there at all. Maybe that will help.
I love the celebrities at your gym! My favorite trilogy and my favorite actor. That just might be the motivation I need to go work out!

~ Megan ~ said...

Haha too funny. I can't stop picturing small biker shorts now...

I used to work out at the same gym as Othello Richards from Krem 2 news. I knew him from the singles ward but people would always ask me if that was really him when we said hi at the gym lol.

Queen of Chaos said...

When Warren and I are out we do the same thing to people we see! We point to a person and tell the actor or a person in real life he/she looks like. It's fun and funny!

I think most women like sweets. I don't think we can get over it easily either! Just keep the balance and you'll do great. :)

Tiffiny said...

I love the comparisons! Do you have a specific running goal in mind? My mother-in-law started running a few years ago and now does a half marathon every year. (I exercise vicariously through her.)

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as an interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog Interviewer.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can be submitted online here Submit your interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

joven said...

beautiful blog..pls visit mine and be a follower.. thanks and God bless..

http://forlots.blogspot.com/