Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Live...In Concert

This last week I got to go to a concert of one of my favorite artists: Brandi Carlile. This is the second time I've gotten to go to her, and I'll probably try to go everytime she comes to town. The fortunate thing, is that she is from Seattle, so I think she makes frequent trips to spokane.

Derek, and I went, with my sister Rebekah to the Fox theater, where she was accompianied by the Spokane Symphony. I have to admit, I was a little wary about this, because I didnt' know what kind of concert it would be. I do like the symphony, but I came to hear Brandi sing! I was definately not disapointed. It was such a good show that it even made me forget the guy's BO that was sitting in front of us... until he moved and stirred up the, ah aroma, again.



Oh man, I can't even tell you how much I loved it. She is not well known, but has had several of her songs play on Grey's Anatomy, the most well known was, "The Story". Anyway I don't have pictures becuase they didn't really turn out but here are a few song samples. These are my two favorite songs.
Turpentine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXhoMOn90Q

and The Story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y72jRaoRvHs

No comments: