Monday, October 6, 2008

OGA- Yosemite

The next journey was to Yosemite National Park. I had never been there before, and as with everything on our trip it was amazingly beautiful. I'm running out of descriptive lanuage to express how I felt looking at it, that I haven't used on the other pages. I'm not a writer, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves. We got into the park about 4pm and grabbed a campsite, then went out to see what we could before it got dark. I thought we saw some pretty incredible vistas before it got too dark.



Oh, I forgot. This was actually just outside the park. Most of the waterfalls were barely wisps because of how dry it was.






Us in our tent. We were suprisingly warm in our sleeping bags despite the chilliness of the nights. I think that our night camping in the redwoods was the coldest. Doesn't Derek look cute all snuggled under the blankets!


As were were leaving the park the next day we saw these deer on the side of the road. The doe, and fawns were only about 10 feet away from the buck, but the picture I got of them all together didn't turn out well.

4 comments:

Shaina said...

So cool!! I'm lovin' your trip!

Autumn said...

I have been to Yosemite--but as a kid. It would be MUCH more fun to go with my honey. ;)

Your camping pic is too cute. :) It makes me want to go camping now.
And I love that you got pictures of deer!

Jen and Joel said...

I am so jealous of this trip. Every time I look at your blog you have new pictures up. My favorite trips are road trips. I am glad you got too see such amazing places. I am having you plan our next road trip.

Shavonne said...

haha, it took alot of driving, but even the drive itself was part of the trip!