Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fiesta and Hoarders...they DO go together!

I just wanted to make a post real quick re-affirming my love for Fiesta dishes. I love all the bright colors, I love the fun combinations you can make. It livens up the table in such a fantstic way.
We had Derek's family over for dinner and so I got to use more than two plates at a time. I think for the first time I had enough pieces to use complete fiesta ware for everything. Maybe it's kind of silly to take a picture of our dinner, but I was so happy with all the many colors that I had to.
We had BBQ chicken, grilled corn, potato salad, and homemade bread. Oh, we also had a salad but it was being made at the time...
Here are some of the boxes that I have kept for awile that the fiesta dishes came in.
I finally decided to throw them away. Derek and I had just been watching an episode of Hoarders. In it this guy had his lot full of junk that he couldn't throw away. He was saving some of it for metal scrap, or to recycle, or for other Just-in-case purposes but he had received so many warnings to clean it up from the city that he would have to go to jail if he didnt' have it cleaned by the deadline 3 days away. The Hoarder's crew was trying to help him but he would say something like, "Don't throw that plastic box away, it is a good box..." or whatever for all his stuff.
Anyway, Derek and I were cleaning out our storage closet off our porch and I had all these boxes. He wanted to throw them away, and I said, "Those are really good boxes, I might need them for something!" ... then I realized what I said, and who it reminded me of. We immediately threw them all in the dumpster. Yes, they could be used for something, but I have collected them for the last 6 years as I have been given fiesta dishes and haven't used them once. It's time to let them go.
I highly recommend watching Hoarders everytime you want to do some deep cleaning!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE fiesta wear...so pretty!!!! As for Hoarder Blake and I watch that show all the time and truly amazing me.

Shaina said...

Pretty dishes! I'd take a picture too. As for hoarders, I love to de-junk. It makes me happy and I always feel less burdened.

Shaina said...

Oh, and congrats to Derek! Yay!!! Also, love the birthday plates!