Monday, October 3, 2011

The Delivery: Part 2

While they finish with my surgery the NICU nurses usually take the baby to the transitional nursery for some vital signs and observation. They have dad carry him and go out the main hallway so that any family that is waiting can see him. Then they put him under the warmer and do their assessment. Derek got LOTS of pictures while waiting for me.
Sucking on dad's finger. He was wanting to eat!

After 45 minutes or so, I was back in recovery. I was a little groggy for the first 15 minutes or so, but then I was awake enough that they asked if I was ready for him... Of Course!! Jackie, our nurse was so great and gave us some time together with just the three of us for some bonding time. After a little bit, we let the others in. They hadn't had a chance to touch or hold him yet.
Here's Grandma and Grandpa Wood

Here are my fabulous co-workers that took care of me. On the left is Erika, without the mask and the right is Jackie, my nurse. Again, I can't say enough on how well I was cared for!

I recieved many gifts while in the hospital, but this one I have to give an honorable mention to Joanie (another great co-worker)... First off, it was a gift that was addressed to Derek, and second, it was a perfect gift. Anyone that knows Derek, knows that he loves cars. Joanie had taken the time one night when I was hosting the my work's knitting club to get to know Derek more and had a good talk with him about cars. She's always remembered that and will occasionally comment on it, or send stuff his way about cars. She got Samuel some T-shirts that Dad would appreciate: Lamborghini, Ferrari, and Shelby Colbra. She really nailed it!
Grandma and Grandpa Weber holding him.
Dad and his little buddy....
When we came to our room, this banner was hanging up for us. Thanks Tanya!
This was the day we were discharged to the hospital, and Samuel in his going home outfit.


3 comments:

Sharon said...

He's so cute! Oh I can't wait to meet him! he already seems like he's changing too fast!

kdaygirl said...

Adorable! Great pictures!

courtney said...

I love it, love it, love him!