Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week one is finished...

I guess I couldn've waited till Monday to start my running program, and made it easier to figure the days, but I figured it was best to get started while I had the motivation. So, that brings us to the final day of week one. Today I walked 6 minutes, then for the next 12 mintues I alternated 2 minutes of running with 2 mintues of walking, then walk 2 minutes. I was actually suprised how quickly the two minutes of running went by... but it certainly helps when you go with a friend who distracts you with conversation. My friend, and co-worker, Erika meets with me three times a week and we workout together. Admittedly our workouts aren't that heavy as we spend most of the time chatting as we are on the ellipticals, or treadmill but it does get us to the gym.
Anyway, One week down and 5 more to go till I am a runner...

4 comments:

Sharon said...

yeah!! you're doing so good! 2 mins of running?! bleh! but maybe you'll learn to love it :)

{ Missemmelle } said...

Yay I am so proud of you!

courtney said...

Getting over the first week of work outs is the hardest! Keep going, I think it is great!

Autumn said...

Yea! You did it!

Having a friend go to work out with is much more fun then going it alone. None of my girlfriends who work out went to the same gym as me and the one who did lives across town so we only met up a couple times.

I've wanted Warren to go with me to the gym for the longest time. {Not that I'm going now being pregnant. Too tired.}
I think it would be nice to have him as a support and friend. It would be convenient that's for sure! He just won't do it. He likes playing basketball for his excercise. I don't play basketnall...nor would he want me too! I'm highly unccordinated.

Keep up the hard work!!